Making a few simple changes to the way you store your food can help you avoid waste, shop less, and prevent of food poisoning.

We are  sharing a few quick  tips for ensuring food freshness and protect your health :

*Clean and inspect your fridge regularly to ensure it remains hygienic and in good working order.

*Use a fridge thermometer (or Fresco Control) to verify the temperature of your fridge!  Ideally temperature in your fridge should run right around 38-40°F to keep the food as fresh as possible.

*No food lasts forever, how ever well it is stored. So you need to pay attention to a »use best before« or a »use by« date.
»Best before« dates are for foods with a longer life. They show how long the food will be at its best.
»Use by« dates are for foods that go off quite quickly and it can be dangerous to eat foods past this date. Food can look and smell fine even after its »use by« date but that does not mean it’s safe to eat.  It may still contan mold or bugs that could make you ill.

*You should pay special attention to the consumption of food when the packaging  is already open. Then the shelf life is much shorter and care must be taken to keep it at the correct temperature. #Fresco Control makes it sooo easy to track!

*Be careful when you put open cans in the fridge, that they will be stored at the right temperature and consumed at the right time, as the food inside may develope a mold and strange (metallic) taste.
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions or place the contents in a storage container.

*Leftovers should be cooled down as quicly as possible and stored in the fridge.  You should eat them within 2 days.

*Try to plan  meals that center around what’s in your fridge and first use what has a shorter shelf life.

*Line the bottom of the drawers in your fridge with paper towels. The paper towels will absorb excess moisture and help keep many foods fresh, rather than rotting prematurely.
Storage conditions will have a significant effect on how quickly a given food turns moldy.
Mold is a microscopic fungus, consuming it can be bad for our health. Many of them produce poisonous mycotoxins that cause illness and even death. So dealing with mold on food is serious business.  Be careful!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add to cart